St. George's Church, Kēkerengū
Last Modified: 30-7-2019 18:30
By: Christopher Cookson
Reputed to be the smallest church in use in New Zealand, St. George's Church, Kēkerengū began life as a store house, but was converted into a church in 1942. The church is located on Kēkerengū Road in the Kēkerengū valley, about a kilometre from State Highway One. Services are held at 10.00am on the third Sunday of each month by the Awatere Christian Joint Venture, combining members of a number of different denominations.
The church grounds also include a small cemetery with 24 graves.
Cite this page
Cookson, C. (2019). St. George's Church, Kēkerengū. Retrieved October, 17, 2021, from https://www.marlboroughonline.co.nz/marlborough/information/archictecture/churches/st-georges-church-kekerengu/